The Adopt-a-Park, Trail, or Beach program gives a group of community members the opportunity to adopt a specific park or specified location. Groups should have at least four individuals to be qualified for the program.
As an Adopt-a-Park volunteer, you may:
- Paint and clean park benches, playground structures, BBQ’s
- Pick up litter
- Provide new park equipment with City approval
- Remove graffiti
- Remove weeds
- Report park hazards
|Carter Park - Half Moon Bay Shakespeare Company
||Coastside Trail - Still Available
|Frenchman’s Creek Park - Still Available
||Oak Avenue Park - Still Available
|Kehoe Park - Friends of Half Moon Bay Parks and Recreation
||Poplar Beach - Sea Crest School (school year) Coastside Children's Programs (Summer)
|MacDutra Park - Half Moon Bay Beautification Committee
||Smith Field Sports Facility - Cameron's Restaurant, Pub and Inn
|Ocean View Park - Bob Tucker and La Petite Baleen
||Surfer's Beach - Adopted by Wilkinson's School
Information for Potential Volunteers
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of participants, adequate adult supervision should be provided by the group for participating youth younger than 18 years of age.
- Clean-up duties should only occur during daylight hours and under favorable weather conditions, unless otherwise approved.
- Ideally a one year commitment of service to your adopted park, trail or beach.
- Recommend volunteers perform tasks at their location once a month.
- The Adopt-a-Park Program can also be implemented on a project basis as needed.
- Volunteer are required to complete and sign the City’s liability release form prior to participation.
- Already established organizations or 501c3 must have an volunteer agreement with the City that includes both hold harmless/indemnification and additionally insured status with full certification of insurance.
- Call the Public Works Superintendent at 650-726-7177.
- The Public Works Superintendent will meet with the Volunteer Liaison prior to the first event to coordinate park needs and/or supplies.
- A volunteer packet including volunteer rosters, liability release forms, and necessary contact information will be provided to the volunteer leader.
- Clean up dates will be coordinated with Public Works and will be scheduled around special events, park usage, or other planned cleanups.
- Prior to any volunteer activity, a signed Liability Release form must be provided for each member of the group. Please click here for the form.
- A member of the Recreation Committee will act as a liaison to your volunteer group and will provide assistance and support when needed.