Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
June 5, 2019 - Here is a brief summary of the actions taken by the Half Moon Bay City Council at its meeting of June 4, 2019.
The Council took the actions listed below at its meeting of June 4, 2019. Follow-up by staff is shown in parentheses. City Council agendas and minutes are available online here.
1) Received an update from the Midcoast Community Council (Administration)
2) Accepted the warrants list for the month of April 2019 (Administrative Services)
3) Waived second reading and adopted an ordinance amending Chapter 9.12 (Public Nuisances Affecting Public Peace and Safety) of the Half Moon Bay Municipal Code to add a prohibition of glass containers at city parks, and amending Chapter 9.13 (Park Regulations) of the Half Moon Bay Municipal Code to add unlisted parks to the list of designated parks and also amend the listed hours of operation for city parks (Administration / City Clerk)
4) Reaffirmed the appointment of Main Street Bridge Advisory Committee members for a term of one year, expiring on April 21, 2020 (City Clerk / Public Works)
5) Received and filed position letters for AB 825, AB 1080, SB 54, and SB 127 (City Clerk)
6) Adopted a resolution adopting the guidelines for an employee compensation philosophy (Administration)
7) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a Professional Services Agreement with Metropolitan Planning Group for limited contract planning services to support the Community Development Department at a cost of $150,000 (Community Development)
8) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a professional services agreement with Rincon Consultants, Inc. to provide planning project management entitlement review of specific projects through June 30, 2020 at a cost of $83,760 (Community Development)
9) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute Amendment No. 1 to the professional services agreement with Circlepoint for the preparation of an environmental impact report for the proposed Hyatt Place Hotel at a cost of $46,240 (Community Development)
10) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute Amendment No. 5 to the professional services agreement with Peninsula Municipal Engineering, Inc. for specialized project engineering services through June 30, 2020 (Public Works)
11) 1) Conducted a first reading and introduced an ordinance establishing an Architectural Advisory Committee; 2) approved Bylaws outlining the purpose, function, membership, duties, and other operational aspects of the Architectural Advisory Committee; and 3) directed staff to initiate recruitment for members of the Architectural Advisory Committee (Community Development / City Clerk)
12) Conducted a public hearing, and by resolution, authorized adjustments to the Cost of Services Schedule (User Fees) for FY 19-20 (Administrative Services)
13) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute Amendment No. 2 to the professional services agreement with Abundant Grace for coastal cleanup services (Public Works)
14) Adopted a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute Amendment No. 4 to the professional services agreement with 4LEAF, Inc. in an amount not-to-exceed $648,160 for Building and Engineering contract services (Public Works)
15) Received a presentation on the FY 19-20 Recommended Budget, and after accepting public comments and providing additional direction to staff, directed staff to return with the final proposed budget for adoption on June 18, 2019 (Administration)