A City of Half Moon Bay special event or film permit is required for
- Parade and festival organizers
- Neighborhood block parties
- Events that require city street closures
- Motion picture film and commercial companies
- Ranges from $55 to $186 and determined by the range of services needed for the activity
- Additional costs apply when City services are required.
- A list of staffing costs is located on the Master Fee Schedule.
- The Film Permit fees are $224/day.
The process to obtain a Film or Special Event Permit
- Complete a Special Event Permit or Film Permit. Include a map and/or any applicable attachments.
- Certificate of Liability for $2,000,000 naming the City of Half Moon Bay as additional insured.
- Pay cash, check or Credit card at City Hall. Checks payable to “City of Half Moon Bay”
- Mail or drop off complete packet to 507B Purissima St. HMB CA 94019.
- Special Event permits are usually processed within 2-3 weeks. You will be notified by telephone and a copy of your approved application will be mailed back.
Prior to the event: the applicant is responsible for notifying any and all entities/agencies that may be involved in this event (i.e., Sheriff, Highway Patrol, San Mateo County, State Parks and Beaches, etc.) and adhering to those requirements.
For additional Film and Special Event Permit questions please call 650.726.8254